Step 4 – Using Free Services Offered by the Search Engines
There are many free tools that webmasters can use to help the search engines and gain more control over what, and how, we want the search engines to view and index our website. Here is a list of some of the things that we do for all of our SEO clients to make sure that they are taking advantage of all of the tools and information that are out there.
- We create XML sitemaps for all of our websites and submit these to Google Webmaster Central, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Center
- We use a robots.txt file on your website to control where the search engines can crawl and what they can index and include in their search results.
- We use meta tags to be sure that the search engines use the descriptions that we want them to use in the search results
- We use Local listings that sometimes appear above the organic search results in Google, Yahoo! and Bing. We also optimize your local listings and verify them by having the search engines either call you or send you a postcard in the mail
- We feed products of our e-commerce websites, that have products available to purchase online, to the search engines monthly using XML files. Like the local listings, these results sometimes appear within the organic search results
- We submit your website for inclusion in Google, Yahoo! and Bing
Step 5 – Link Building
- We submit your website to online directories for one-way links
- We encourage you to create linkbait (top 10 lists, free tools, etc.) to get bloggers and other websites linking to your website
- We offer affiliate programs to our e-commerce websites to get other partner websites linking to you
- We analyze your competitors and request links from websites that are linking to them
- We request reciprocal links from websites that can offer content or services to both parties involved
- We submit press releases to websites that allow backlinks to be included
- We submit original articles to article directories that allow backlinks to be included
- We use “social bookmarking” sites, such as Digg, Del.icio.us and Technorati
- We “blog and ping” on websites that have blogs such as WordPress installed on them
Step 6 – Pay-Per-Click Advertising
For an additional fee, we help your company take advantage of pay-per-click advertising on the top search engines and also area yellow page websites. These pay-per-click ads are easy to create and manage and we can control where and how often they are placed in the search engine result pages. The good thing about pay-per-click advertising is that you only pay for people clicking on the ads and coming to your website. The worst thing abou the pay-per-click advertisements are the high cost, since the price is driven by your compeititors in a “highest bid” format.